jsr356-experts@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-experts] Re: Multithreading Options

From: Joe Walnes <joe_at_walnes.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 10:43:20 -0500

I agree that sharing a full blown HttpSession introduces a lot of
complexity, and if we can avoid it, we should.

Authentication is really the only case I can think of where state needs to
be shared, so maybe we can specifically handle this, rather than coming up
with a general catch-all solution.

If the EndPoint instance had access to the user principal (and maybe the
URI and headers from the original request, to allow other pieces of
information to be passed from a web-page to a WebSocket), that should me
enough, right?