users@wadl.java.net

Re: Support HTTP extension methods

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:58:26 -0500

On Dec 26, 2006, at 6:11 AM, Jerome Louvel wrote:

> I'd like to suggest the support of any HTTP method name in WADL,
> not just a
> subset of the standard ones. It should be at least OPTIONS and WebDAV
> methods.
>
> Currently, the XML schema uses an enumeration which seems to
> prevent the
> usage of extension methods.

In the XSD, the "Method" type is a union of the enumeration
"HTTPMethods" (which lists the commonly used HTTP methods) and
NMTOKEN so it allows any method name. The RelaxNG schema is a little
easier to grok:

attribute name {
   "DELETE" | "GET" | "HEAD" | "POST" | "PUT" | xsd:token
}

Perhaps I should add OPTIONS as an explicit enumeration value too ?

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.