users@wadl.java.net

Add a "Parsing of Resource Identifies" section

From: Jerome Louvel <contact_at_noelios.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:29:13 +0100

Hi all,

The current WADL specification seems to limit itself to describe the
expected behavior of the client-side of an application. It would be good
also to make sure it fully specify how the server-side should behave (or be
generated).

For example, after section 2.5.4 (Generating Resource Identifiers) there is
no section specifying how the parsing/handling of such Resource Identifiers
should be done on a server. In the Restlet API, we just added support for
path parameters (see http://www.restlet.org/tutorial#part11 for a usage
example). In the server-side implementation we decided to match all the
"unreserved" URI characters when parsing each path parameter.

Probably that's something that should be covered in the URI Template RFC
too?

Best regards,

Jerome Louvel
http://www.restlet.org