dev@wadl.java.net

Re: Maven Support

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:33:01 -0400

I've confirmed that the following jars aren't required for
compilation or at runtime:

FastInfoset.jar
saaj-api.jar
jsr181-api.jar
saaj-impl.jar
jsr250-api.jar
http.jar
package-rename-task.jar
jaxws-tools.jar

I'll remove them from the repository unless I hear a good reason to
keep them around ?

wadl2java uses JAXB at compile time so I think the only purely
runtime jar would be jaxws-rt.jar but I might be wrong.

Thanks,
Marc.

On Oct 13, 2006, at 12:34 PM, Wilfred Springer wrote:

> I realize that I even didn't bother to look for http.jar at all. ;-)
>
> Maven has the concept of different scopes. You can mark files to be
> required at runtime only, compile time, or mark them to be provided
> in some sort of container context. I guess some of these libraries
> might still have scope runtime.
>

> On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 11:47 -0400, Marc Hadley wrote:
>> On Oct 13, 2006, at 6:23 AM, Wilfred Springer wrote: > > As you
>> can see down below, I've basically added most of the > libraries
>> in > the lib folder to the dependencies section of the pom.xml
>> file. That > means that the Maven build is no longer dependent on
>> the files being > present in lib; it will simply download them
>> whenever they are > required. > > I did however notice that there
>> are quite a few libraries in lib that > are not required for
>> compilation. They may be needed at runtime, but > some of them
>> seem not to be required at all. (Like the JSR 250 API >
>> dependency.) > I just copied all the libraries from the JAX-WS 2.0
>> distribution. The two you identified as not being required (JSR
>> 181 and 250) are both related to annotations that are supported by
>> JAX-WS but are not used by the code generated by the wadl2java
>> tool since it uses the dynamic Dispatch API under the covers
>> rather than a JAX-WS generated SEI. I *think* they can safely be
>> removed. Of the other libraries I wouldn't be surprised if some
>> could also be removed. Candidates include FastInfoset.jar,
>> http.jar, jaxws- tools.jar and saaj-*.jar. I'll look into it and
>> see if I can clean up the library directory a bit. Thanks, Marc.
>> --- Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com> Business Alliances, CTO
>> Office, Sun Microsystems.

---