dev@wadl.java.net

Re: Maven Support

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:47:46 -0400

On Oct 13, 2006, at 6:23 AM, Wilfred Springer wrote:

> As you can see down below, I've basically added most of the
> libraries in
> the lib folder to the dependencies section of the pom.xml file. That
> means that the Maven build is no longer dependent on the files being
> present in lib; it will simply download them whenever they are
> required.
>
> I did however notice that there are quite a few libraries in lib that
> are not required for compilation. They may be needed at runtime, but
> some of them seem not to be required at all. (Like the JSR 250 API
> dependency.)

I just copied all the libraries from the JAX-WS 2.0 distribution. The
two you identified as not being required (JSR 181 and 250) are both
related to annotations that are supported by JAX-WS but are not used
by the code generated by the wadl2java tool since it uses the dynamic
Dispatch API under the covers rather than a JAX-WS generated SEI. I
*think* they can safely be removed.

Of the other libraries I wouldn't be surprised if some could also be
removed. Candidates include FastInfoset.jar, http.jar, jaxws-
tools.jar and saaj-*.jar.

I'll look into it and see if I can clean up the library directory a bit.

Thanks,
Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.