el-next@uel.java.net

Re: EL 3.0 JSR Draft

From: Pete Muir <pmuir_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 16:03:12 +0000

Hi Kin-man,

The content of the JSR looks really good, however I think it is missing the "simplified API" item we previously discussed. Is it possible to add this to the JSR?

Also, I think we had previously discussed making EL available throughout a Java EE app, regardless of whether JSF/JSP is used, and providing a single canonical source to configure things like listeners, resolvers etc. I think this is best in the EE spec, however wanted to hear your thoughts on this.

Please list Red Hat as a supporter of the JSR, and include myself and Mike Brock on the EG.

Thanks!

Pete