users@tyrus.java.net

Migration to 1.0-b09

From: Max Bureck <maxbureck_at_arcor.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:49:51 +0100

Hello,

I just tried to update to Tyrus 1.0-b09 from b08. This is a simple
standalone Application, not running inside an application server.
Before, I was able to pass an instance of Endpoint to a
org.glassfish.tyrus.server.DefaultServerConfiguration which was then
passed to a org.glassfish.tyrus.server.Server.

With the new version I can't pass instantiated Endpoints to the Server
anymore. I can only pass the class object of the Endpoint to the Server
(via DefaultServerConfiguration) and the Server instantiates the class.
But I need to do some configuration on the Endpoint instance. So if
there is no way to pass Endpoint objects to the server, I either have to
get control over the way classes get instantiated in the Server or I
have to get access to the Endpoint Instances after the server was
started to configure the Instance afterwords. Since we want to have as
little dependencies as possible it would be no alternative to use CDI to
inject configuration into the Endpoint.
Or is there any other way I am not aware of?

Best Regards,
Max