users@shoal.java.net

Custom Transport

From: <rpunnoose_at_proteus-technologies.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:25:10 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I really have two questions:

1. I want to use my own custom transport (networkmanager, not grizzly
or jxta). I think I can just implement the Networkmanager interface and
make it available. But looking at the AbstractNetworkManager code, it
doesn't seem like either the findByServiceLoader or findByClassLoader
(from the getInstance) will work with custom transports. Any ideas?

2. I want to use shoal in osgi, and have the custom transport as a
separate bundle. The ServiceLoader approach will not work with osgi. Is
there another approach I can take? I think I can create an OSGi version
extension (just extend the AbstractNetworkManager) that would look at
OSGi services as well. Any ideas?

Thanks much!

Roshan