users@shoal.java.net

Re: Shoal warning: OutputPipe.send attempted resend 4 and they all returned false.

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <shreedhar.ganapathy_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:14:03 -0700

Hi Miroslav
Thanks for trying out Shoal and letting us know.
The support for virtual multicast uri list was added and left as an
experimental feature in 1.1 as we did not get to test sufficiently given
that we had to meet many other requirements for GlassFish 2.1.1
clustering and Sailfin v2 clustering for telco apps.

As such we have never supported this feature - but we are currently
working on having this feature supported in Shoal over the Grizzly based
transport implementation in the next version of Shoal 1.5.x.

The issue you are seeing seems surely suggests that some messages are
not able to be sent to a receiver.
Have you seen this warning when messages per second are lower?

Thanks
Shreedhar