users@shoal.java.net

Add node without Mdns

From: Mike Wiederhold <mike_at_couchbase.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:38:31 -0700

I am using shoal as the clustering component for a distributed load generating tool I have created. I plan to use the tool in Amazon's cloud environment on ec2 instances. As a result there isn't a good way to cluster my machines since mdns clustering will not work correctly in a cloud environment.

Is there a way to give a node an ip address or domain name and have nodes cluster this way?

I am interested in writing a patch for this if the functionality doesn't exist. Would you say this is a high or low effort project?

- Mike