users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] Shoal across subnets

From: Mohamed Abdelaziz <Mohamed.Abdelaziz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:41:17 -0700

You must at least designate a single node (or more for availability) as
the seed node in such an environment, in order to overcome churn in the
cluster. In addition, and depending on the cluster size, you may
designate additional nodes to take on that role (10-1 ratio), as they
are discovered, they will be used in the event the seed nodes seize to
operate, or for load distribution.

Mohamed