users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] Shoal across subnets

From: Jerry Raj <jerryr_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:46:02 +0530

I tried this out, and it does not work. If one R&R node has no knowledge of the
other's listening address, they are not able to join together into a group. This
seems like rather a limitation to me: there could be an existing group spread
across several subnets, but now that a new subnet needs to come into the system,
all the other R&R nodes need to be restarted.

-Jerry