users@shoal.java.net

Re: Is there any mechanisms like JBOSS's TreeCache in SailFin ?

From: Joseph Fialli <Joseph.Fialli_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 11:46:36 -0500

> Hello,
>
> I want to learn that is there any mechanisms like JBOSS Application
> Server's
> TreeCache in SailFin .
> Tree Cache is a a tree-structured replicated transactional cache which is
> used for clustering issues.

Alper,

Shoal is a component within Sailfin that provides a
DistributedStateCache interface that provides this capability.

Distributed State Cache in Shoal is an interface for which there can be
multiple implementations. The default implementation is a simple shared
cache which caters to lightweight messaging use cases such as
configuration data, group wide state machines, etc. It is not suited for
high throughput caching and does not provide any LRU based cache
invalidation or distributed locking semantics.

-Joe Fialli, Sun Microsystems