users@shoal.java.net

Cross-Subnet-Support

From: Mike Wannamaker <mwannama_at_opentext.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 11:46:50 -0400

Hi Shreedhar

I'm trying to test the cross-subnet support.

It seems really easy when reading the document below.

Two properties set and away you go.

However I have done this and trying to get two machines clustered from
different subnets it don't seem to work?

Basically I just added this to my test application?

_properties.put(ServiceProviderConfigurationKeys.IS_BOOTSTRAPPING_NODE,
"true");

            _properties.put(
ServiceProviderConfigurationKeys.VIRTUAL_MULTICAST_URI_LIST,
"tcp://10.6.2.89:5200");

            //initialize Group Management Service

            m_GMS = initializeGMS(_properties);

10.6.2.89 is my local machine here. Does it matter if bootstrapping is
true on the other machine but its IP is not in the list? Doesn't matter
commented that line out and ran that code on the other machine which is
on another domain within our company and it doesn't seem to work. The
machine can ping my machine so it can see it.

What do I do now? How do I debug this or how do I tell if it is being
setup correctly for cross-subnet?

Or am I doing something wrong?

TIA

--ekiM