users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] SimpleGMSSample instructions...

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:41:53 -0700

Hi David
This issue has been fixed in the cvs tip. Could you build shoal sources
and use the resulting libs from there ? You will find shoal-gms.jar
under shoal/gms/dist dir, and under shoal/gms/lib you will find jxta.jar

More below:
Thanks
Shreedhar

David Taylor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When I run SimpleGMSSample under NetBeans I see an NPE. (see below)
>
> I am doing what I think is the obvious thing.
>
> 1. Set SimpleGMSSample as the main class

That is correct.
> 2. Give no arguments since they do not seem to be used directly.

Yes the sample creates a unique member name per process, and a static
group name
> 3. Are there environment variables to be set?

Nope.
> 4. I notice that some of the tests seem to run the main() in
> com.sun.enterprise.jxtamgmt.ClusterManager. If this is the case, how does
> the ClusterManager find the "real" main.

We have some tests that directly test the Jxta based service provider to
isolate issues in the GMS API impl code versus the provider impl code.
That should not come into play with your exercise.
> Is any of this documented anywhere?

Have not found the need to document this. Should we? Let us know.