users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] Shoal & Performance

From: Sheetal Vartak <Sheetal.Vartak_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 08:55:55 -0700

Hi Farid,

Its great to hear feedback such as this. There is certainly scope for
improvement on the performance front as we have yet to focus on that
aspect.

It'd be great if you could attach a profiler to your program such as
the one that comes with Netbeans and see where most of the time is
being spent in the call stack and let us know. Also, see if you
could change from writing to file to writing to a logger for a change
in throughput.

I have some high priority items on my list to get done so any
contributions is greatly appreciated in this area. Do also file an
issue in the issue tracker for tracking this and if possible attach
your test code.

Do let us know what you find with the profiler.

Thanks
Sheetal