users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] leader problem

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:37:23 -0700

Hi Rogerio
You have to designate one of your Shoal processes as a virtual multicast
router for this purpose by passing in a Properties object using the
following keys:

Properties p = new Properties();
p.put(ServiceProviderConfigurationKeys.IS_BOOTSTRAPPING_NODE.toString(), "true");
p.put(ServiceProviderConfigurationKeys.VIRTUAL_MULTICAST_URI_LIST.toString(),
                "comma separated tcp://ipaddress:port uri list");

The above tcp://ipaddress:port url should be passed to all processes at startup.
The port can be any unbound available port.
At the moment, only the first uri in the list is used inside shoal. We are yet to
add support for handling multiple uris acting as software routers.

Could you take a look at the cross subnet demo code from the shoal
sources located under shoal/gms cvs and follow the convention for using
the appropriate ServiceProviderConfigurationKeys ?
crossubnetdemo.bat
<https://shoal.dev.java.net/source/browse/shoal/gms/crosssubnetdemo.bat?rev=1.1&view=markup>
crosssubnetdemo.sh
<https://shoal.dev.java.net/source/browse/shoal/gms/crosssubnetdemo.sh?rev=1.1&view=markup>