users@shoal.java.net

shoal clustering

From: <Marijo.Cosic_at_de.ul.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:45:54 +0200

Hi,

first thank for the project (shoal) its really a nice peace. Currently i
am checking the demos and reading some article's about the Apis. My
question is regarding the clustering function of shoal.
Is it possible to have multiple nodes in one cluster in the same VM?

My problem is the following :

- I want to use shoal framework to connect measurement equipment in the
laboratory.
- If a instrument goes on-line it connects to the global instrument
cluster.
- From this cluster a technician can drag and drop the node (instrument)
into a new cluster (this time a test running with maybe more then 1
equipment)
- Therefore a runtime container, will hold maybe some instances of the
same instrument. So now all this instruments would be a node in the
cluster which receives information's.

I hope the text above describes what i am planning and how i want to use
shoal a the underlaying framework. In my opinion this would solve a lot of
problems in our laboratory and would led to a
really great infrastructure. And also it sound cool ,-) if it works.

bye

- For more information about UL Europe and its services, please access our website: www.ul-europe.com or contact your local office.

********* Internet E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer **********
This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disclose, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or rely upon this
message or attachment in any way. If you received this e-mail
message in error, please return by forwarding the message and
its attachments to the sender.

UL and its affiliates do not accept liability for any errors,
omissions, corruption or virus in the contents of this message
or any attachments.