users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] Re: [Shoal-Dev] issue 40 fixed: Network Interface selection

From: Sheetal Vartak <Sheetal.Vartak_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:13:00 -0800

Forgot to mention this in my earlier email.

We will be doing a promotion soon. But in the meantime, here are some
steps to get the latest sources :
Checkout the latest Shoal workspace for this fix (here are the
instructions)
<https://shoal.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=43252&noNav=true>
and build it (simply execute "ant" under <Shoal_workspace>/shoal/gms/).
The jars will be available at :
<Shoal_workspace/shoal/gms/dist/shoal-gms.jar
<Shoal_workspace/shoal/gms/lib/jxta.jar
Please put these jars in your path.

In order to specify which network interface to use for group
communication, the following property needs to be set in the client code :

Properties props = new Properties();
props.put(...);
props.put(ServiceProviderConfigurationKeys.BIND_INTERFACE_ADDRESS,
"network_interface_to_bind_to");
GroupManagementService gms = (GroupManagementService)
GMSFactory.startGMSModule(serverName, groupName, memberType, props);

Please try it out and let us know!

Thanks
Sheetal