users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] Group Name Discovery

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 07:01:31 -0800

Yes, we can expose a GMS API that will allow for a Uber entity for
viewing a collection of groups. Jxta has traditionally had the advantage
of being able to expose a compositional pattern of peergroups whereby a
WorldPeerGroup composes of one or more infrastructure netpeergroups.
I am hoping this can be done through Jxta. I am not sure if Mo is
suggesting that GMS have a separate process of discovering all groups in
a subnet. That would be a lot of design and development work in the GMS
layer.