users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] Ceasing Leadership

From: Mohamed Abdelaziz <Mohamed.Abdelaziz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:26:45 -0800

I can see the benefit of such feature.

Alireza, it should be fairly straight forward to implement (1 day
implementation, 1 day QA). It would entail an addition of a master node
protocol message (to indicate a takeover action between two nodes, then
followed by an assertion by the new master), and exposing the API's from
the provider level up to the GMS level. Submit an issue along with a
patch, we'll gladly consider the new feature.

Mohamed