users@shoal.java.net

two questions about messaging

From: Michael Bien <mbien_at_fh-landshut.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:05:16 +0100

Hello,

I have two questions regarding the messaging implementation of shoal.

GroupHandle.sendMessage(...) throws GMSException for "any exception
while sending message wrapped into GMSException".
Do I interpret that correctly that the caller can be sure that the
message arrived if he hasn't caught any exception? Or is a "answer
message" recommended to make sure that messages don't get lost?

Are all CallBacks registered with gms.addActionFactory(new
???ActionFactoryImpl(callback)); called from the same thread?

And also (just because I am curious ;) ) is there an update interval for
the synchronization of the DistributedStateCash?

I am currently attempting to distribute a ForkJoinPool (jsr166y - fork
join framework) over the network with the help of shoal and have to make
sure that every task/computed result arrives to its destination node
(https://fishfarm.dev.java.net/).

thank you in advance,

Michael