dev@shoal.java.net

About JXTA OuputPipes in Shoal

From: Bongjae Chang <carryel_at_korea.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 20:25:04 +0900

Hi.

I have been trying to abstract out the transport layer in Shoal experimentally.

In the process of reviewing JXTA dependency in Shoal, I have a question about JXTA's OutputPipe.

JXTA's OutputPipe is mainly used in the following 3 parts.
1. ClusterManager: for sending AppMessage and DSC's Message
2. MasterNode: for sending master's message
3. HealthMonitor: for sending Health's message

And above 3 parts include a pipe cache map with one another.

So, I am curious to know why above 3 modules have OutputPipes with one another.

Are any problems likely to happen in JXTA if above 3 modules share only one OutputPipe?

I think that one OutputPipe is enough because peerid is already needed for sending a message, but I wonder if I miss any important point in using JXTA.

Please advice me.

Thanks.

--
Bongjae Chang