jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] [ADMIN] Fwd: Java EE 8 schedule

From: Mark Thomas <markt_at_apache.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 15:32:16 +0000

On 23/02/17 13:52, Edward Burns wrote:
> Hello Volunteers,
>
> Here's a foward from the platform mailing list that is very relevant to
> us.
>
> On Tuesday 21 Feb, Linda DeMichiel wrote:
>
> LD> I'd like to give you a heads-up on our planned timelines
> LD> for the completion of the Java EE 8 Platform.
>
> LD> In view of our previously stated goals to complete
> LD> Java EE 8 in advance of JavaOne 2017, our specification
> LD> leads have been working against fairly agressive schedules.
>
> LD> These are the target dates we are working against for our
> LD> specifications, including the Platform. A number of
> LD> JSRs are further along, and are expected to complete well
> LD> in advance of these dates:
>
> LD> Public Review - Apr/May 2017
> LD> Proposed Final Draft - June 2017
> LD> Final Release - July 2017
>
> Shing-wai and I are working on a more detailed schedule and will share
> it with you as soon as possible.

Thanks. I'm particularly interested to know when we can expect access to
the initial drafts of the TCK. Past experience has shown that the sooner
we get access the sooner we are able to identify inconsistencies between
the TCK, the spec and the implementations and get them resolved before
everything goes final.

Mark