jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: Pushbuilder clarifications/comments

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_webtide.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 11:38:02 +1100

Agree with all of Marks responses, bit would add:

On 8 February 2017 at 10:48, Mark Thomas <markt_at_apache.org> wrote:

> - The javadoc says that the eTag and lastModified values must be cleared
>> after a call to push, if associated headers were set I assume they
>> should also be cleared.

The intention of the builder is that it can be used over and over to push
multiple requests. It is not unusual for a resource to have many 10s of
associated resources which may all share headers such as cookies,
user-agents etc.

So the builder can be setup for all the common headers and then used again
and again for different paths.

So it is the headers associated with a specific path that should be cleared
after each push, ie if-modified-since or if-none-match headers. which can
be generated if the builder is conditional and values have been provided
via the dedicated etag and lastmodified method.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@webtide.com> CTO http://webtide.com