jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] [SERVLET_SPEC-121] JIRA Components (was: Re: Working towards Early Draft Review)

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 09:55:24 -0800

Hello Volunteers,

On 23/09/2015 23:56, Edward Burns wrote:

EB> Please list them in decreasing order of priority in reply to this mail.

EB> I'm looking at 140 right now.

MT> Thanks. I've taken my best guess at priority based on how much impact I
MT> think the issue is having for Tomcat users.

MT> 18 - getRequestURI() and friends
MT> 105 - getRealPath() what is a virtual path
MT> 11 - getRealPath() for paths that don't but could exist
MT> 82 - Use of threadlocals
MT> 20 - Welcome 'servlets'
MT> 26 - Invalid HTTP header names/values
MT> 88 - escaping of error messages
MT> 21 - Pre-emptive authentication
MT> 7 - Filters and welcome files
MT> 52 - multiple matches to the same filter
MT> 25 - Filters that modify request bodies

MT> As I was going through the open issues there looks to be quite a few
MT> small enhancement requests that we could make some headway on as well.

I've finally taken the time to put the unresolved issues into
components, per SERVLET_SPEC-121. I didn't bother categorizing the
resolved issues. If someone wants to do that, I would appreciate it.

Also, if someone wants to suggest some additional components, or change
the ones I added, let me know here. I'm hoping not, but I'll entertain
ideas.

For easy reference, the list of components is

API (8)
Configuration (17)
Container (15)
Filter/Servlet (6)