jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: SERVLET_SPEC-137: Allow context root

From: Shing Wai Chan <shing.wai.chan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 11:08:36 -0700

The usage of context.xml mentioned below is similar to case (iii) below.

The proposed <context-root> in web.xml provides a context-root for the
application.
(We can clarify that the default context-root is name of the application
if <context-root> is not present in the web.xml.)
This can still be overridden by (ii) and (iii) below if it is necessary.

Shing Wai Chan