jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: HTTP Push, URI and header mutations

From: Stuart Douglas <sdouglas_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 19:13:25 -0500 (EST)

> Because we cannot push POSTs and PUTs. We can push GETs and HEAD, maybe
> even OPTION and these can be pushed in association with a POST (can't think
> why a PUT would have push associates).

According to the spec I think it is just GET and HEAD, as the request must be both safe and cacheable, and OPTIONS is not cacheable. In practice GET is likely to be the only one that actually gets pushed.

I think that in this case if the user attempts to set the method to one that we know is explicitly disallowed by the HTTP2 spec we should throw an IllegalArgumentException.

Stuart