jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: HTTP Push, URI and header mutations

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_intalio.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 08:32:51 +0100

On 7 December 2014 at 23:47, Stuart Douglas <sdouglas_at_redhat.com> wrote:

> Just to clarify, do you mean that this will get called just before
> anything has been written out to the client (including headers), or do you
> intend for this to be called after the headers have been written out but
> before the body?

Stuart,

I have not thought to that detail yet. I'm not sure if it should be
called just before or just after the commit. I definitely agree is should
not be called inbetween the commit of the headers and the first body
content.

For me, the key aspect of this event is it is called AFTER the response
headers are finalised - ie can not longer be changed by either the
application (or the container?), but BEFORE the response is complete and
has had all it's content written.. at at least not waiting for all it's
content to be written.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_intalio.com>  @  Webtide - *an Intalio subsidiary*