jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: Non-blocking changes

From: Rajiv Mordani <rajiv.mordani_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:38:56 -0800

Let me try to summarize.

For the changes proposed - the goal here is to make it easier for the
developers to use the API based on external feedback that we have
received during JavaOne and otherwise.

What is suggested is that all the read and write be done in the
listeners as opposed to have to do part of it in the service method and
the rest in the listener. In order to achieve that we have to do the
following (apart from the cosmetic changes for making the API consistent)

  * The Read and Write Listeners will be invoked once in the beginning
    without the need to check for isReady().
  * Subsequent invocations of the listeners will be based on the
    isReady() check. This avoids the need for too many listener
    invocations as has been suggested by many in the EG mailing list.

- Rajiv