jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] Servlet 3.1 EDR updated draft

From: Shing Wai Chan <shing.wai.chan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:58:44 -0700

Hi,

We have updated the Servlet 3.1 EDR draft.
The following is a summary of changes from previous draft:

1. removing ServletReader and ServletWriter
     as it is hard to get the exact amount of data to be read for
Readers via the dataAvailable method (in the case of input) and have
only the Stream based APIs for non-blocking IO. Also since we are
removing the Reader class we also don't need the dataAvailable method.
We can rely on the available() method in InputStream.

2. renaming the AsyncIOInputSource and AsyncIOOutputSink to
NonBlockingInputSource and NonBlockingOutputSink

3. removing inputAvailable and outputReady methods in ProtocolHandler
     as we can use non blocking IO here

Please let us know your comments by Friday COB.
Thanks.

Shing Wai Chan