jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] Re: Candidate for Servlet 3.1 Early draft review

From: Remy Maucherat <rmaucher_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 23:20:56 +0100

On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 08:34 +1100, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> This async IO only takes place on request that is suspended (after
> returning after calling startAsync), so there will already be a
> timeout on the request, which is the async timeout.
>
> Is there a need for a finer grained timeout? Ie if the AsyncContext
> has a timeout of 300s, do we want to have a shorter timeout for idle
> IO? I can kind of imagine uses... but if feels too complex for most
> I think.

Well, it doesn't need to be configurable per connection, but there
should be *a* timeout at some point when using either Servlet 3.1 async
IO or the upgraded async IO. It shouldn't be tied to either the read or
write, but more about how long the connection hasn't been doing
anything, for cleanup purposes.

--
Remy Maucherat <rmaucher_at_redhat.com>
Red Hat Inc