jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: Re: Multi-tenancy and web container

From: Mark Thomas <markt_at_apache.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:17:33 +0000

On 10/12/2011 00:36, Rajiv Mordani wrote:
> I haven't heard from others on what the thought is here. Any one else
> have an opinion? Suggestions on what we should target in this version of
> the spec?

I still like the approach of 1 tenant, 1 WAR. I see the approach
described by Greg below (which I like) as consistent with this approach
but using a container specific feature to reduce duplication of resources.

Maybe the approach we need to take for 3.1 is to provide a standard
mechanism for defining shared resources and a way to define the priority
with which the resources are used.

Mark