jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: Initial draft of NIO proposal

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_intalio.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 01:53:22 +1000

On 15 September 2011 18:00, Remy Maucherat <rmaucher_at_redhat.com> wrote:
> I don't quite understand why this is a good design over the usual
> blocking IO.

I don't represent that NIO.2 style is a better design, just that it is
the approach taken by java 7 and we should at least evaluate it.
The example I gave is definitely not good design - nor should it be
taken as representative of how NIO.2 style apis are used. It was just
a simple example.

Perhaps we could get somebody from the NIO.2 team to give us a
presentation of why they did their API that way and we could then see
if the reasons they give are applicable to servlet API.