dev@saaj.java.net

Re: HTTP GET or POST

From: <gary.gordon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 16:51:36 +0000 (UTC)

I got a question about this and tried to publish it but it kept getting
rejected.

>>Does SAAJ uses HTTP Post or Get?
>>If so is it possible to set it to HTTP Post or Get?

It uses POST. See HttpSOAPConnection.java in the source. This is the
standard Web Services mechanism. Unfortunately, without changes the
SAAJ specification, there is no way to add additional configuration to
the connection. We could consider it as an enhancement request when a
new spec is released, which won't be for a while, but you might want to
consider something like REST for that use case.