users@maven-glassfish-plugin.java.net

Re: why is the glassfishDirectory required?

From: Dave Whitla <dave.whitla_at_ocean.net.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:14:26 +1000

As at 2.1 the plugin requires asadmin in order to function. Despite
the ability to network deploy to glassfish and configure a remote
domain using JMX, one major aim of the maven-glassfish-plugin is to
manage creation of domains in the developer's development cycle. In
order to achieve this with remote glassfish installations requires
some form of RPC shell wrapper such as SSH. This was planned for 2.1
but has been back burnered as too few people would find this feature
useful.

So I think the short answer is that the current version of the plugin
is only useful in working with a local glassfish installation via
asadmin.
In order to do this you need to supply the glassfish installation root
(glassfishDirectory) so the plugin can find the asadmin command.

I'd be interested to know more about your intended usage as it seems
to involve a glassfish which is remote to your build environment.

Dave