users@jsr311.java.net

Application class

From: Eli Doran <eli_at_elidoran.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:00:32 -0500

The Application class as a bridge between an app and the server managing
things is very helpful.
It seems to be missing one thing though ... It isn't told when it's time to
*destroy* the application.
Some of the singletons returned by Application#getSingletons() may need
special attention at 'destroy' time.
What's the expected implementation for handling that situation with the
current version?
It seems to me I can't simply pass an Application subclass to the server. I
have to make a filter, servlet, or listener which will be notified of
'destroy' time.

In short:
The "Application" javadoc states "Defines the components of a JAX-RS
application and supplies additional metadata."
After it provides the components to the server a reciprocal action to
signify the server is done with them would be great.

What do you think?

~ Eli