users@jsr311.java.net

Request.evaluateConditions()

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozk_at_progress.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:55:28 +0100

Hi,

JAX-RS 1.1 has introduced Request.evaluateConditions() [1]

I don't understand how/when a user would want to use a no arg Request.evaluateConditions() thus I'm not sure how to implement it.

For example the javadocs say : Note that both preconditions If-None-Match: * and If-None-Match: something will always be considered to have been met.

Does it mean Request.evaluateConditions() is really meant to detect that If-None-Match: * or If-None-Match: something http header values ? As an alternative to using HttpHeaders.getRequestHeader ?

If not then why would a user use Request.evaluateConditions() ?

Also when would Request.evaluateConditions() return a non-null Response ?

thanks, Sergey

[1] https://jsr311.dev.java.net/nonav/releases/1.1/javax/ws/rs/core/Request.html