users@jsr311.java.net

Re: Few question about custom regular expressions

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sergey.beryozkin_at_progress.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:14:00 -0000

>> @Path("a.b")

> I need to have this test passing now :
>
> URITemplate uriTemplate = new URITemplate("/books/a.b");
> assertTrue(uriTemplate.match("/books/a.b"));
> assertFail(uriTemplate.match("/books/abc"));

so I did this test and it works without me modifying any code, the resulting regular expression is

"/books/a.b(/.*)?"

This expression requires that only "a.b" is accepted.

So, sorry I'm feeling silly, I'm still in the dark as to why I need to escape '.' in the above Path's value if the goal is to
ensure that only a literal '.' is allowed between 'a' and 'b'.