users@jsr311.java.net

Re: RuntimeDelegate.createEndpoint()

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 11:52:26 -0700

On May 7, 2008, at 10:23 AM, Bill Burke wrote:

> Can you elaborate on what createEndpoint() is supposed to do? Is it
> a way for somebody to programmatically add resources?
>
> Your recent conversation with Sergey confused me...

Sorry about that. Its a way to create an instance of an endpoint class
in a Java SE environment. E.g. if you wanted to use Grizzly to publish
a JAX-RS application then you'd do something like:

ApplicationConfig config = new MyApplicationConfig(...);
RuntimeDelegate rd = RuntimeDelegate.getInstance();
Adapter a = rd.createEndpoint(config, Adapter.class);
SelectorThread st = GrizzlyServerFactory.create(
     “http://127.0.0.1:8084/”, a);

where Adaptor is a Grizzly-defined interface. The createEndpoint
method is generic so it can be used for a variety of HTTP servers.
Jersey supports Grizzly, the LW HTTP server built into Sun's SE 6.0
runtime and JAX-WS Provider but implementations are free to decide
what types they want to support.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>