users@jsr311.java.net

Re: throw WebAppExc instead of return status

From: Stephan Koops <Stephan.Koops_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:02:39 +0200

Hi,

IMO it is useful to require in section 3.7.2 "Request Matching", item
3.a.2to define, that a runtime env must return all supported methods in
the "Allow" header (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-10.4.6)

IMO it is also useful to give the ExcpetionMapper the supported Media
Types, so that the ExcpetionMapper could create an entity with it (see
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-10.4.7). Unfortunately there
is / are no header(s) defined by HTTP to support this.
We could define a WebApplication subclass with a special attribute for
status 406, or a special header which contains this information.

best regards
    Stephan