dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: EJB singletons

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:25:39 -0400

On Aug 17, 2009, at 8:00 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

> Any way we could amend the specification so that EE 6 containers
> must support both Stateless EJBs and Singleton EJBs? THe Changelog
> just requires stateless.

Yes. We're still trying to work out exactly what's needed wrt Managed
Beans, Web Beans and JSR 330 but here's the latest working rev of the
EE section:

-- begin spec text --
This section describes the additional requirements that apply to a JAX-
RS implementation when combined with a product that supports these
other Java specifications:

- In a product that also supports the Servlet specification,
implementations MUST support JAX-RS applications that are packaged as
a web application, see section 2.3.2.

- In a product that also supports Managed Beans, implementations MUST
support use of Managed Beans as root resource classes, providers and
Application subclasses. All such classes may make use of any container-
supplied facilities including dependency injection and interceptors.
Providers and Application subclasses MUST be singletons or use
application scope.

- In a product that also supports EJB, an implementation MUST support
use of stateless and singleton session beans as root resource classes
and providers in a Web application. JAX-RS annotations MAY be applied
to a beanís local interface or directly to a no-interface bean. A
WebApplicationException thrown by an EJB resource class or provider
method MUST be treated as an EJB application exception.
-- end spec text --

Once we work out how the whole thing will hang together I'll update
the changelog and respin the MR.

Marc.