dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: Support for OSGi Service Platform

From: Larry Cable <larry.cable_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:07:41 -0700

Yup ... I would still argue that fewer/thiner component models are
better these days ... its the combinatorial complexity that makes
applications using multiple models difficult to write or
even to get to interoperate; I freely admit that I am a perpetrator of
such crimes in the past ... but we all should learn from our mistakes ...

My personal opinion of the OSGi "Services" Registry is that it is "prior
generation" API style thinking that would and should be replaced with
Dependency Injection thus breaking the dependency
on OSGi and making classes independent and more reusable in a variety of
other (DI capable) containers.

my $0.02

- Larry