dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: entity provider

From: Stephan Koops <Stephan.Koops_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:56:56 +0200

Hi Marc,

sorry, you misunderstood me; perhaps I wrote not clear enough.
It was meant for a message body READER. Must the InputStream (given to
the message body reader by the runtime) reaches its end, if the length
is reached, or must every provider check the length from the
content-length header and stop itself.
If the runtime environment gives only an InputStream with the length the
provider should read, than the message body readers are easier to
implement and could be used to read "multipart/whatever" data. Then the
multipart provider only must ensure, that the InputStream given to the
readers for every part closes, if the length of the content of this part
is reached.

best regards
   Stephan