dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: Re: ContextResolver removal

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:37:08 -0400

Marc Hadley wrote:
> Again, I believe Web Beans, Spring, or Guice is a better solution to
>> fill in these gaps here.
>>
> The main use-case for this interface is JAXBContext customization and
> this is driven by the inclusion of a standard JAXB entity provider. If
> we drop ContextResolver<T> then I think we still need some standard way
> for an application to provide a customized JAXBContext and for an entity
> provider to access it. Agreed ?

I think configuration and lifecycle of both providers and resources is
the root of the issue. Its frustrating that such a fundamental service
(DI) is undefined in EE 5 and earlier and is meeting resistence in EE 6
(Web beans).

Ya I agree though, whether or not you keep ContextResolver, mandating
JAXBContext pluggability is probably a good idea.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat