dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: jsr-303 alignment

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:16:53 +0200

Dhanji R. Prasanna wrote:
> An *initial* reaction suggests that we should leave this entirely to a
> user (bootstrap, validate, feedback error). However, since I recall Paul
> saying we want jsr311 to be a complete *usable* API it might be worth
> considering if/whether we want to integrate jsr303 in some (even
> optional) way. For instance, in the Response.Builder.
>
> I can explain a bit more about how bean validation in jsr303 works if
> anyone is interested. Thoughts?

IMHO it would be most helpful, at least to me!, to provide a couple of
examples from the perspective of a 311 developer i.e. this will help
explain why 303 is useful and what benefits it offers before we get into
the deeper technical aspects of how 303 works and determine whether some
optional integration is required.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question