dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: Precondition support

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:09:31 +0200

Jerome Louvel wrote:
> Paul,
>
>> Were you also proposing the status should be obtained via a
>> method as well?
>
> Yes, but the status is related to the Resource POJO, not to the
> Representation POJO.

Oh!, my bad, i mistakenly assumed from the context of the email threads
that such methods were part of the resource.

So are you proposing that a HTTP method on a resource return a
representation instance even if that representation is not serialized
because precondition are met?

> Order of calls could matter for resources as they have
> life cycles.

Yes.

<snip>
> Sure, it that can bring some light on this design point. Concerning the
> Restlet, I can point to an example showing the integration between Restlet
> Resources and domaing objects (a simple bookmark management application):
> http://restlet.tigris.org/source/browse/restlet/trunk/modules/org.restlet.ex
> ample/src/org/restlet/example/book/rest/ch7/UserResource.java?rev=1727&view=
> markup

Yes, i have looked at the bookmark example, or the version used as part
of the examples for the book about HTTP/REST.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question
    Paul Sandoz