dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: Headers & Filters

From: Stefan Tilkov <stefan.tilkov_at_innoq.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:05:10 +0200

On Apr 27, 2007, at 3:51 AM, Dhanji R. Prasanna wrote:

> Stefan, not to be pedantic but do you mean *get* request headers
> and *set* response headers? Is there a case for reading (already-
> written) response headers? Just curious what use cases might drive
> how we expose the headers.

I was really only thinking about getting request headers and setting
response headers. I can imagine that some filter might want to set
some "derived" headers, and once there's a chain of such filters it
might make sense for them to work even for headers that have been set
in a preceding filter ... but I agree this really seems to be out of
scope.

Best regards,
Stefan