dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: PUT and DELETE tunneling

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:05:45 -0400

On Apr 26, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Stefan Tilkov wrote:

> I'm pretty sure there are strong opinions on this - just checking:
> do we want to support some way to do a pseudo-PUT and DELETE
> through POST?
> Even if we don't want to explicitly encourage it, do we want enable
> the API's users to do this? If so, how?

I think we already allow it using a variety of means but we don't
make it transparent. E.g. one could use a header or matrix URI param
to hold the put|delete method name and extract those in the method:

@HttpMethod(POST)
String doMethod(@HeaderParam("method") String method) {...}

Is that good enough or do folks want something more automated ?

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.