dev@jsr311.java.net

RE: Precondition support

From: Jerome Louvel <jerome.louvel_at_noelios.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:14:32 +0200

Paul,

> It makes it easier for the developer because they control the
> application thread, as opposed to the runtime controlling the
> application thread (e.g. compare SAX to StAX).

Sorry, I still don't see your point :(

In the Restlet API we have a strong support for pre-conditions and we
considered that their behavior were standardized enough in the HTTP spec to
be transparently handled by the framework rather than manually by the
Resource/Representation developper.

Could you elaborate a bit more and ideally give an usage example that can't
be automatically handled by the JSR implementation?

Best regards,
Jerome